Scrum Event & Kim Morgan present - The Psychology of Coaching
Register at https://www.meetup.com/ScrumEvent/events/240744442/
Kim Morgan will explore some of the key principles which make coaching more transformational than transactional.
These will include:
• How transformation occurs and how coaching should be more than just a “cosy chat”
• The importance of high emotion and creativity in coaching
• Understanding the psychology of motivation – associating everyday behaviours with long-term outcomes
• The coach as an “Empathetic Provocateur” and the coach as an instrument of change
• Dynamic listening to ignite the mind
• Starting with the end in mind and presupposing success
There will be lots of opportunity for interaction, questions and to coach and be coached in this session.
About Kim Morgan
Kim Morgan is Managing Director of Barefoot Coaching Ltd, one of the UK’s leading providers of coaching and coach training. Kim was one of the UK’s first executive business and personal coaches, who has pioneered and led University Accredited Coach Training Courses since 2001.
Kim is an ICF Master Certified Coach, a columnist for Psychologies Magazine and co-author of The Coach’s Casebook: Mastering The Twelve Traits That Trap Us, which she wrote with Geoff Watts.
Kim gave the opening keynote at the Agile Cymru conference in 2015 and has since spoken at a number of Agile meetups and events, as well as teaching the many Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters who have completed the Barefoot Coaching Postgraduate Certificate in Business and Personal Coaching.
18:30 - 19:00: Arrivals
19:00 - 19:10: Introductions
19:10 - 20.00: Session Talk
20.00 - 21.00: Networking
Hosted by Skills Matter who have graciously let us use their space for this event.
Don't forget to SIGN UP with Skills Matter for faster access and a proper name badge on the day here: https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/9724-the-psychology-of-coaching
Our community thanks you.
We're a Scrum Alliance endorsed User group:
This event will earn Scrum Alliance SEUs worth 2 SEU's